Google Finally Acquires YouTube!
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Anyway, YouTube is going to operate independently and both the companies will work together in order to build better features for various users and many aspiring directors. Google has taken the step of keeping the YouTube as an independent entity because they want to make full use of the enourmous brand name which YouTube has successfully build over the period of under one year.
There were many bloggers who thought that Google will definitely buy YouTube and Loren Baker was one of them and he infact gave out 5 reasons for why exactly Google will take over YouTube.
I always thought that it is actually, NOT A REAL DEAL and I believe that Google must have worked hard enough to build a better video sharing website i.e. Google Videos and instead of spending $ 1.65 Billion over the acquistion Youtube.
Anyway, lets see what exactly this deal is giving to Google :
1. Biggest Share : With the acquistion, Now Google hold the biggest share of online video sharing market. It comes to around 60% of the total video sharing market, i.e. 45 % of YouTube's share and around 12 % of Google Video's share.
2. Strong User Base : YouTube is exteremly popular amongst various groups and specially the whole blogosphere loves YouTube and there are various websites which do the video blogging and display only the video's which are hosted on YouTube.
3. Various Law Suites : Apart from something good, Google is getting few bad things as well. They will need to handle the various law suites which are filed against YouTube or may be filed in future because of copyright violations. The problem is that youtube never checks the uploaded videos and due to which various users upload the videos of various popular video shows.
Let's hope that Google gets what it has in mind after the acquistion of the Video sharing giant. We can also hope that Microsoft's Soapbox must also get a bigger buzz so that there must be no monopoly of Google in video sharing market.
GooTube - Will This Be The New Face Of Video Sharing?
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Although the question was asked because there is a speculation going in the world of blogosphere that Google is about the buy YouTube for around $ 1.6 Billion. The problem is that even Wall Street Journal has given the hints about it and that's why most of the blogosphere is getting crazy over this not so real deal.
I said NOT SO REAL DEAL because I think that it will be foolish of Google to buy YouTube video because according to my own reviews Google video is much better than YouTube, it is just that YouTube is much more popular than Google Videos. Now, paying $ 1.6 Billion for marketting only is foolish. I'll say marketting because as far as technology is concerned, Google is fully equiped with it and has the best of engineers around, so they can always develop a product like YouTube (although, I think that they already have what Youtube has, I gave the above statement for youtube fans only). So, if they have or can make the same technology then the only thing is left and that is who is more popular and who has better marketting style and if GOOGLE has to worry so much about marketting that they are ready to give away $ 1.6 billions then everyone please pack your bags and stop making websites.
This is what I feel about the deal but there are many bloggers around who think that Google will or must not buy YouTube because of various reasons :
1. Michael Arrington thinks that the chances are 40% only, that this deal will happen.
2. Hitwise says that Google must not buy the service rather they must work on Google Video and improve it. Wow, what an intelligent guy because he thinks in exactly the same way as I think. The concept is that make a good product and users will get attracted automatically.
3. Jordan Running says less than 30 % or so! hmm, seems more intelligent than Mike.
So, what do you think what's your point of view about this rumor or NOT SO REAL DEAL?
After Google Accounts Presenting Zoho Account!
After such a long time, Zoho has finally made the best change ever they could do in Zoho applications. They have introduced Single-Signon facility for their all the services and users can simply use one account for all the Zoho services.
Be it Zoho writer, sheet, show, chat, planner & creator now all of it is under one user ID. Zoho just like Google is calling it is a Zoho Account and it lists all the services under one account.
There are various scenarios which are explained by Arvind in details and I think it will be wise to read his entry, if anyone wants to know what exactly will happen to their multiple accounts. Anyway, do'nt fear because your file and documents are all safe and in case you have multiple accounts then they all will fall under one account after you take steps what arvind has mentioned.
Review Of WriteToMyBlog - Free Blog Proccessor
Saturday, October 07, 2006
However, I do'nt think that there is any use of this service at all because every service be it blogger, wordpress or movable type gives you the web based interface and if anyone is going on a website then why will they prefer making a post from WriteToMyBlog rather than using the platform's own editor.
Secondly, there are various blogging softwares which are available like Windows Live Writer, W. Bloggar etc. and they offer similar functionalities but have the edge that they allow users to store their posts on their computer's harddrive.
Apart from that, a person can always make posts to various blogging platforms using the other Web-Based word processor's like Writely & Zoho Writer, then can someone tell me any use of this particular service?
Google & UNESCO Starts Literacy Project!
Google along with UNESCO's Institute for LifeLong Learning and LitCam has started an educational resource and have given it the name The Lieracy Project. The project has sections where it asks the educators, institutes, students and all people related to education field to make use of various services of the Google and help in spreading the knowledge on & through internet.
Although, it is also one of the marketing strategy but atleast this one is for good cause and if at all, educators around the world will make use of these services then they'll certainly make the education more interesting :)
Anyway, they are showing that bollywood song video on this page too :D.