UTorrent is not a new name for torrent lovers. This software is the most lightweight bit-torrent client and has got tons of features. Here are some of the PROS and CONS of the bit-torrent client. Torrents are really good for sharing the files and saving the bandwidth for the webmasters. Many webmasters use torrent files to cut down the cost of bandwidth and it actually helps a lot.
PROS of (µ) UTorrent :
1. Extremely Light Weight : (µ) UTorrent is only around 200 Kb in size and while running too, it just uses nothing more than 5 Mb of memory. So, not only in terms of size but also in terms of load on RAM, its quite light.
2. Full of features : Even though (µ) UTorrent is such a light software, it has got tons of features and you can’t do the mistake of comparing it with any other heavy torrent client because it will give fight on each and every aspect. Support for DHT is one of the major functionality of this software.
3. Simple User Interface : (µ) UTorrent has quite sleek interface and simple to use too. The good thing is that it’s skinnable, so just in case you don’t like its interface, you may change it too.
4. Language support : (µ) UTorrent supports lots of languages and thus those people, who aren’t comfortable with English, will be able to use it in their native language. Right now, it supports 49 Languages but the number is increasing with time.
5. Web User Interface : (µ) UTorrent has beta running for the web user interface, which lets you control the torrents from a remote location too. Although this is an add-on and doesn’t come by default but still this functionality is not available in most of the torrent clients.
CONS of (µ) UTorrent :
Software Version & Summary :
Version : 1.7.2
License : Free
Limitations : No Limitation
Publisher : (µ) UTorrent
Download : Download µTorrent
OS Supported : Windows 95(winsock 2), 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP & Vista. Works on Linux too with Wine.
Overall Rating & Review :
µTorrent is one of the best torrent client and I’m sure that most of the torrent lovers will agree to it. It is full of features and probably that’s why the creator of Torrent technology bought it themselves. µTorrent was purchased by BitTorrent in December 2006. So, you can judge yourself that how impressive this software is, that it even impressed the creator of the technology.